Friday, July 2, 2010

Let's go Banana!

Note: I waited for the whole month to use my birthday reward. The card was tossed around and I even use it as a coaster for my mug, hehehe...

Yes, I mean Banana Republic!
Eversince I become their member, they kept shower me with gift cards and reward cards. And I have to say their reward are very different from the others. Most of the time, a very long time limit (up to 6 months) and no minimum purchase, they will just give me the $15 to spend on whatever I buy, including the clearance. How can I not love them?!
Few months ago I used a gift card and bought a pair of beautiful earrings for only $0.98 which original price was $26!

They also send me birthday gift card too. I love their merchandise because it's elegant and beautifully made with good quality.

Now, if you say, I must have spent a lot in order to get all those gift cards. I can assure you I didn't because I'm a frugal spender. I was brought up to only buy things that I need, not so much for indulgence or desires.
Living in the US, a shopaholic nation, I believe not only me but almost everyone is bombarded with coupons, rewards, sales, gift cards...etc. which basically trying to lure you to spend your money at their retails. But most of them come with tiny small prints which excluded so many things that you cannot use the coupons for. This is especially true for Macy's. They send you like so many gift cards and coupons but it all has a minimum spending and they will not allow you to spend on their clearance or discounted items. Then again, if there's something that you need in coincidence, the coupons work, better than nothing. But do not just go there thinking you're saving with those coupons and end up buying things you don't need.


Anyway, I am so pleased to be a member of the Banana Republic. Thank you! By the way, the banana rewards are good for Gap, Old Navy and Piperline too! So if I can't find anything at Banana, I can still go to Gap or the other store.


Psss... Banana Republic is having a sales now & their 4th of July special let you get another 25% off their sales merchandize. And I just found out they have this special thing now(not sure until when) that if you bought something on Tuesday you get a $10 reward good for your next purchase, this apply for card member only.

Whatever it is, be a smart spender. It would not be very wise of you to go shopping everytime you got a coupon in the mail, isn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment